The Resident Assistant positions will assist the Residence operations by creating and fostering a positive community environment through programming and maintaining Residence regulations. Each Resident Assistant is responsible for either a wing in Centennial Village or a group of units in the College Court Townhouses.
- Responsible for organizing and implementing a variety of social, recreational, cultural and educational programs designed to foster a positive Residence Life community.
- Introduces Random Acts of Kindness and Acts of Celebration to the Residence community.
- Responsible for creative advertising and marketing of the various programs and events.
- Fostering an environment conducive to personal and academic success within the Residences.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations after the completion of each program.
- Informs tenants and guests of the Residence Behavioural Standards.
- Enforces policies according to established Residence procedures and in partnership with Campus Security.
- Regular and effective communication with Campus Security and the Residence Life Coordinator.
- Provides detailed documentation of any incidents or issues in Residence.
- Be “On Duty” on a rotating schedule. When “On Duty”, must remain on campus.
- Participates in all required training activities.
- Attends and fully participates in all R.A. meetings.
- Regularly communicates with the Residence Life Coordinator as well as the other Resident Assistants.
- Supports other Resident Assistants when handling disciplinary situations.
- Supports other Resident Assistants with their programming efforts.
- Develops relationships with the tenants in their specific wing or assigned townhouse units.
- Mediates roommate or neighbor interpersonal conflicts.
- Responds to personal and medical situation.
- Refers students to the appropriate college or community resources.
- Sets a high standard of conduct for other students to follow.
- Maintains total confidentiality.
- Assists the Residence operation by conducting housekeeping checks, disseminating information, and doing after office hours check-ins.
- Communicating maintenance and cleaning work orders to the Residence Office.
- While “On Call”, respond to requests, issues, or emergency situations. Provide general supervision of the Residences.
- Assists with evacuations or emergency situations in Residence.
- Provide input and represents the tenants’ opinions on Residence issues.
- Acts as a liaison between the students in Residence and Residence Administration.
- Positively promoting the Residences to current and prospective students.
- Positive relationships with tenants and co-workers
- Effective problem solving
- Meeting or exceeding programming targets
- Ability to work independently as well as part of the Residence Life team
- Regular and effective communication with the Residence Life Coordinator
An RA reports directly to the Residence Life Coordinator and is expected to maintain appropriate interactions with:
- Tenants in Residence
- Other Resident Assistants
- Residence Manager
- Residence Administrative Coordinator
- Residence Administrative Assistant
- Residence Cleaning and Maintenance Personnel
- College Security
- Guests in Residence
- Prospective Students